This policy covers usage of the Joomla! Documentation Wiki at docs.joomla.org. Failure to abide by this policy may result in editing or removal of your contributions. We reserve the right to ban abusers from this site either for a specific time period or indefinitely. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- Only one account per person is permitted.
- When registering, a valid email address is required as this is an integral part of the registration process.
- You must confirm your email address or you will not have edit permissions. Don't forget to check your junk mail folder if you haven't received a confirmation email.
- New wiki users are subject to filters to prevent spam bot accounts from registering and spamming our wiki.
- Your account must at all times be associated with a valid email address.
- Joomla! is about people; domain names in user names are not allowed.
- All contributions must be in English. We plan to make non-English versions of this wiki available in the future where you will be welcome to contribute in the language appropriate to that wiki.
- All entries must be relevant to Joomla! The one exception is that you may include some background information on yourself and your interests on your personal User page.
- When creating a new page choose an appropriate page title. Avoid non-alphanumeric characters (except spaces) in page titles.
- Do not create useless pages; they will be deleted and may render you liable to being banned.
- Do not link to any external site that is not relevant to the subject of the page. Such links will be deleted.
- Do not link to external sites for more information when the information is needed in the page itself. Either write the page yourself or seek permission to include the article in the wiki, bearing in mind the licensing requirements.
- Any material, including links, that could be considered self-promotional will be deleted. This rule is relaxed slightly for User Pages (see below).
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually-orientated material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Not only will the link be deleted, but you will be banned as well.
- No spam. Spammers will be banned. What is spam? Read this: Spamming
- All contributions made on this wiki are covered by the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.
- User pages are intended to allow you the opportunity to give a little background information about yourself. We reserve the right to edit, reduce, modify or delete content on User pages if we deem it to break any of these wiki policy rules.
- One or two links to your home page will be permitted unless these are of an overtly commercial nature.
- We reserve the right to delete all User pages in the future if they are being widely abused, or if similar features are made available on another website in the joomla.org domain.
- Do not send email to another user via the wiki which could be considered abusive, threatening or spam. We will investigate all complaints and if upheld you will receive a permanent ban.